Albert Einstein is one of the most important physicists of the twentieth century, and he may be the most recognized scientist of all time. His most notable contribution was his seminal special theory of relativity and his famous equation, E = mc2, which argued that matter could be converted into energy. Born on March 14, 1879, in Ulm, Germany, Einstein is known for his theory of relativity and for discovering black holes.
Famous Quotes by Albert Einstein
Einstein being one of the greatest scientists, let’s have a look at these thirty famous quotes by him:
- Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
- Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
- Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
- Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
- Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
- I would teach peace rather than war. I would inculcate love rather than hate.
- I believe in intuitions and inspirations. I sometimes feel that I am right. I do not know that I am.
- Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.
- All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.
- A hundred times every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving.
- A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
- The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious.
- I believe in standardizing automobiles. I do not believe in standardizing human beings.
- It is, in fact, nothing short of a miracle that the modern methods of instruction have not yet entirely strangled the holy curiosity of inquiry
- A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?
- A human being is part of a whole called by us “Universe.”
- The important thing is to not stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.
- A question that sometimes drives me hazy — Am I or are the others crazy?
- Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.
- I love to travel, but I hate to arrive.
- All that is valuable in human society depends upon the opportunity for development accorded the individual.
- The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence.
- The years of anxious searching in the dark, with their intense longing, their alternations of confidence and exhaustion, and final emergence into light—only those who have experienced it can understand that.
- Let us not forget that human knowledge and skills alone cannot lead humanity to a happy and dignified life.
- I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.
- Invention is not the product of logical thought, even though the final product is tied to a logical structure.
- Science can flourish only in an atmosphere of free speech.
- I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.
- Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hopes of reward after death.
- The great moral teachers of humanity were, in a way, artistic geniuses in the art of living.